Lodge History

On May 25, 1844, the Grand Master of Masons in Ohio granted a dispensation officially designating its newly founded Lodge as "PHOENIX LODGE #123 F. & A. M." in the village of PERRYSBURG, OHIO. After meeting in various locations within the Village over the years, the Lodge purchased land in 1969 for a new Masonic building. Sixteen years later construction was subsequently begun and the Lodge was able to move into the new facility in October, 1986. A formal cornerstone ceremony and dedication was conducted on April 26, 1987. The cornerstone is in the hallway entrance area. Behind the stone is a copper casket containing memorabilia which is to be opened at a future date.

For the complete history of Phoenix Masonic Lodge prepared by MWB James Olmstead, Click here.